Organic Vegetables Kidney Bean – Borlotti Beans are vegan, and there is no added sugar or salt contained.
Borlotti beans are packed in a ring pull tin to make it easier and more convenient to open them.
Borlotti beans particularly taste great. Moreover, there are several health benefits of consuming them, such as:
• one of the richest plant-based source of protein
• it’s a slow-release carbohydrate which means that it does not raise blood sugar suddenly, therefore, good choice for people with diabetes too
• very high in healthy fibres which can help in weight loss
• very rich in minerals, antioxidants and vitamins such as iron, copper, manganese, vitamin K1 and much more
Tomato and Organic Vegetables Borlotti Bean Soup recipe:
• One tbs olive oil
• 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
• One peeled carrot, chopped
• One brown onion, chopped
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• 400g diced tomatoes
• 400g Organic Vegetables Kidney Bean – Borlotti Beans
• 1l vegetable stock
• 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
• 4 wholegrain bread rolls
First, heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat and add the onion, carrot and celery. Stir them occasionally and cook it until the onion is soft.
Add the garlic, tomato and vegetable stock and boil it. Then, cover the pan and reduce the heat. Let it cook for 10 minutes, but stir it sometimes. Next, pour in the borlotti beans and cook it for a few more minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley. Serve it with the wholegrain bread rolls.
Ingredients: organic borlotti beans, water