Low Carb Orzo Pasta is an excellent choice for people with diabetes and dieters as well as people who follow a low carb or even ketogenic diet.
This orzo rice pasta product is low in carbohydrates and made with four eggs. It is a short-cut pasta, shaped like a large grain of rice.
This Low Carb Orzo Pasta can be served alone, but also exceptional and very common in soups, part of a salad or baked in a casserole.
This is the perfect orzo pasta, which will satisfy your high standards of taste and health. Moreover, it is easy and quick enough for a weeknight as a side of the main dish. The following recipe is a great, healthy dinner idea for ending a busy day.
Let’s see how easy it is to prepare this low carb orzo pasta:
Place the orzo pasta in a saucepan with five times amount of water and a little salt, stir it gently and cook until it is done. The cooking time is approximately 6-10 minutes.
We share our favourite low carb salad recipe with you.
Low Carb Diet Orzo Pasta Orzo Rice 250g
- Sundried tomato and roasted red pepper low carb orzo pasta recipe:
- • one cup Low Carb Diet Orzo Pasta Orzo Rice
- • 1 cup roasted red peppers (diced)
- • 1 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil (diced)
- • zest of 1 lemon
- • ½ bunch parsley (chopped)
- • 1 clove garlic (pureed)
- • salt and pepper
- How to prepare a healthy dinner:
- Cook orzo pasta according to the directions above and while still warm place it in a bowl. Add all the vegetables and garlic and lemon zest to the bowl, and toss. Season to your taste with salt and pepper. We love to add chopped parsley before serving.
Nutrition details of Low Carb Diet Orzo Pasta Orzo Rice in 100g:
Fat: 5g of which saturated: 2,5g
Carbohydrates: 33,9g of which sugar: 1,0g
Dietary fibre: 33,9g
Ingredients: TL50 flour, flour concentrate (wheat and corn fibre, wheat protein, vegetable oil, wholegrain flour, soy protein, enzymes, bulking agent: NA bicarbonate, NA pyrophosphate, thickening agent: NA carboxymethyl cellulose), egg, water.