A gluten free doughnut mix with sweetener for a fibre-rich, low carb doughnut experience.
When you are on a diet (following gluten free diet, Paleo diet or low-carb diet), it is still important to enjoy the life and eat what you love. Don’t misunderstand us, we didn’t just give you the green light for everyday snacking 🙂 But sometimes, it feels great to celebrate or eat what you really miss. For us, the doughnut is one we missed when we decided to live healthily. But now, with this gluten free doughnut mix, we can enjoy the sweetness again!
As you probably got used to our products already, this gluten free doughnut mix is free from everything, of course. High in fibre, dairy free, yeast free, soy free and without added sugar.
The doughnut you can make out of this low carb doughnut flour contains 60% less calories than an average doughnut. Isn’t it brilliant? And of course, it doesn’t contain any artificial colouring or flavour enhancer, so it is not harmful to children.
We are delighted to share our favourite gluten free doughnut recipe with you from this Low Carb Doughnut Flour.
Ingredients (for 5 good-size doughnuts):
- 90g Gluten Free Doughnut Mix
- 5g bio lemon peel
- 1 free-range size M egg
- 3 free-range size M egg whites
- 20g water
- coconut oil for frying
How to prepare this low carb, gluten free doughnut:
- Mix the Gluten Free Doughnut Mix with the lemon peel.
- In another bowl, mix the water, egg and egg whites well and then start combining the liquid and dry ingredients. You should get a still liquid, but thick and lump-free dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 25 minutes.
- You should now have a dough which is easy to knead. On a lightly floured surface work on the dough a little bit and then roll it. With a middle-sized round cookie cutter (or glass) you should get 5 doughnuts.
- Preheat the coconut oil in a bigger pan and when it is hot, add the doughnuts and fry them for 2.5 minutes. (Best if you fry one side with cover on and the second side without cover)
- Remove the gluten free doughnuts from the coconut oil and remove the excess oil with a kitchen towel. Wait until the doughnuts are tepid and then eat them with your favourite toppings. We love them with this healthy chocolate cream or with a low carb jam: apricot, blueberry, red currant, plum or strawberry.
Nutrition details of Szafi Reform Doughnut Mix with Sweetener in 100 g:
Energy: 111 Kcal / 446 KJ
Protein: 0.3 g
Carbohydrates: 40.6 g of which sugar is 0.2g, and of which polyols: 40g
Fat: 0.2 g of which saturated fat is 0.2 g
Fibre: 52.6 g
Salt: 0.6 g
421 kJ / 105.2 kcal of the energy content of 100g Doughnut flour mix comes from dietary fibres. 40 grams of 100g of flour mix carbohydrate content comes from erythritol. This polyol has zero calories and an absorbable carbohydrate. See a summary infographics of Erythritol on our other page.
Ingredients: vanilla flavoured sweetener (erythritol, natural vanilla flavour), bamboo fibre, psyllium husk flour, thickener (cognac gum), volume enhancing agent (sodium bicarbonate), acidity regulating agent (citric acid), salt, bourbon vanilla
Please watch this video which demonstrate how easy and quick is to make these gluten free doughnuts: