If you have ever visited a Hungarian market, you know what we talk about when we dream of Langos. It is a flatbread, traditionally deep-fried and full of flavour. With this gluten free flatbread flour mix, you can prepare its healthier version at home. But you can use this Paleo Langos Mix for other tasty flatbreads without yeast.
A gluten free flatbread can be an easy solution for anybody with intolerance as out of this paleo langos mix you can prepare them quickly and easily. Moreover, this gluten free flatbread flour mix provides you with great variety in your baking and diet eating. Once tasted, you won’t be disappointed: your low carb flatbread will be full of fibre and ready in 10-20 minutes.
If you have never tasted Langos before, this is a great way to try it. Of course, this Paleo langos version will be way healthier than its original one but will taste very similar. However, we believe if you would like to get as close as possible to the original langos, try this vegan, gluten free langos mix alternative. That doesn’t mean you should ignore this Paleo flatbread mix completely because we love this one too.
Let us share a Paleo Langos recipe with you from this Gluten Free Flatbread Flour Mix.
Ingredients (for 4 langos flatbreads, 100 gram each):
- 200g Gluten Free Flatbread Flour Mix
- 6g healthy salt
- 20g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 free-range, size M eggs
- 100g water
- +10g Gluten Free Flatbread Flour Mix for dusting
- you can add 2-3g dried and grounded garlic powder if you like
- coconut oil for frying
How to prepare this gluten-free, Paleo langos:
- Preheat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Mix everything except the flour well then start adding the Gluten Free Flatbread Flour to the mix. Knead until you see no lumps (shouldn’t take longer than few minutes)
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and knead the dough once again. Split it into four equal parts.
- Form small balls from the four pieces of dough and flatten them into 6-7 inch round flatbreads. You can leave a crust on the outer edges.
- Fry each flatbread on each side for 3-3 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove the excess oil with a paper towel.
Nutrition details of one ready-to-eat Szafi Reform Low Carb Langos (in 100 g):
Energy: 251 Kcal / 1049 KJ
Protein: 9.4 g
Carbohydrates: 29.2 g of which sugar is 0.9g, and of which polyols: 0g
Fat: 7.8 g of which saturated fat is 4.3 g
Fibre: 13.2 g
Salt: 1.7 g
Ingredients: Tapioca starch, vegetable fibres (bamboo fibre, psyllium husk flour), paleo flour mix (sesame flour, coconut flour, sweet potato flour)
Please use this video as a reference when you prepare your homemade Paleo langos: