A popular, versatile gluten free pastry mix flour with tapioca starch, sesame seeds flour and psyllium husk flour. This easy-to-make Paleo Croissant Dough Mix contains bamboo fibre for an even healthier diet.
We call this flour Paleo Croissant Dough Mix but don’t be misled. We only call it on this name, because we love making Paleo croissants from it for the whole family. However, you can use this gluten free pastry flour for any salty or savoury dough, not just croissants. The limit is only your recipe collection and imagination.
Furthermore, you can use this gluten free pastry flour mix to prepare pastry without any egg. This is great news for our vegan friends here, who probably find it very difficult to taste fresh pastry anywhere.
Saving this Paleo Croissant Dough Mix from the so many (sometimes harmful) additives is possible because of the high fibre content. Yet, this is the reason why you have to treat this Paleo flour mix differently in the kitchen. When you bake something using this gluten free pastry flour mix, let the baked goods cool completely. Since your healthy snacks will have high fibre content, during the cooling process fibre still works on the perfect structure. If you cut the pastry while it is still warm, you might see it as not-baked. However, it is only due to the fact that fibre still hasn’t settled in the ready dough yet. Patience, patience 🙂
This Paleo Croissant Dough Mix is the perfect base for any salty or savoury dough: pizza rolls, savoury scones, croissant or savoury pies.
Let us share our favourite pizza-flavoured Paleo croissant recipe with you
Ingredients (for 6 croissants, 340g):
- 120g Paleo Croissant Dough Mix
- 35g warm coconut oil
- 140g hot water
- 1 free-range M-size egg
Ingredients for the pizza sauce:
- 50g tomato purée
- 10g bbq salt (or any pizza herb mix)
- 1g 4x sweeter sugar replacement
- 5g bamboo fibre
How to prepare this delicious pizza-flavoured Paleo croissants:
- Mix the four ingredients for the croissant and with quick movements remove any small lumps. It should take only 1-2 minutes.
- Let the Paleo croissant dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, work on the sauce. Just mix the ingredients and cook just until fragrant.
- Once your dough is ready, roll it into a round pizza.
- Top your croissant dough with the pizza sauce and cut it into 6 equal pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
- Roll the triangles to croissant shapes and bake them for 25 minutes with the fan on.
- Once they are ready and out of the oven, let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
Nutrition details of Szafi Reform Easy-to-Knead Flour Mix in 100 g:
Energy: 326 Kcal / 1369 KJ
Protein: 16 g
Carbohydrates: 44.6 g of which sugar is 5.6g, and of which polyols: 0g
Fat: 5.4 g of which saturated fat is 3.6 g
Fibre: 18 g
Salt: 2.3 g
144 kJ / 36 kcal of the energy content of 100g Paleo flour mix comes from dietary fibres. Does not contain any added sugar only naturally occurring sugars.
Ingredients: tapioca starch, coconut flour, sesame seed flour, psyllium husk flour, bamboo fibre, volume enhancer (sodium bicarbonate), salt, thickening agent (cognac gum), acidity regulator (citric acid).
Please see the instructions on a video from the inventor of the gluten free flour mix. The video is in Hungarian, however, you can still watch it for the method.