Gluten free popped quinoa is created when we gently heat the quinoa seeds until they are nice and round.
The crispy and crunchy gluten free popped quinoa contains all the benefits of regular quinoa. We left all the nutrition and goodness in these puffed quinoa seeds. Puffed quinoa is high in dietary fibre and a great source of protein. So even if you eat it as a breakfast cereal or use it as an ingredient, quinoa won’t disappoint you.
You can top your quinoa porridge or chocolate pudding with the popped quinoa seeds. Alternatively, you can enhance the delicious cinnamon and apple muesli with a puffed, crunchy experience. Or you can simply eat it with rice milk or coconut milk and fruits. It will be a delicious, nutritious and healthy breakfast any day.
Furthermore, you can use this bag in puffed quinoa recipes. This puffed gluten free grain has limitless uses in baking. Let us show you one of our most favourite healthy snack recipes.
Healthy chocolate and peanut butter puffed quinoa balls recipe
(originally published by taste.com.au)
50g quinoa flakes
40g chopped dark chocolate
36g Gluten Free Popped Quinoa
65g shredded coconut
1tbsp sesame seed
90g peanut butter (or you can use coconut butter in case of allergy)
115g organic honey
How to prepare this puffed quinoa recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees without using the fan. On a large baking tray roast the Gluten Free Popped Quinoa for 4 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa flakes and the finely chopped dark chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the roasted puffed quinoa, shredded coconut and sesame seed into the bowl.
- Place the peanut butter (or coconut butter) and organic honey into a sauce pan and gently start heating. Mix them well until they are smooth and start boiling.
- Quickly add the warm butter-honey mixture to the dry ingredients and combine them well. Be careful, as you just boiled the liquids, don’t touch them directly.
- Form balls of a tablespoon of quinoa mixture with your hand. TIP: if you do it with wet hands, the dough won’t stick onto your hands.
- Cover the balls and place them into the fridge for approximately 2 hours. Enjoy!
Nutrition details of Szaffi Free Puffed Quinoa in 100g:
Energy: 1486 kJ (356 kcal)
Protein: 14.8 g
Carbohydrates: 58.8 g of which natural sugar is 6.6 g
Fat: 5 g of which saturated fat is 0.4 g
Fibre: 6.6 g
Salt: 0.06 g
Ingredients: puffed quinoa