Do you like dumplings as much as we do? I bet, you do, but you have to avoid it because of your diet. We were in the same shoes then until we found this amazing Low Carb Dumpling Flour to replace any pasta flour.
It is not just dumpling you can make using this Paleo Pasta Flour but any of your favourite pasta. When was the last time you ate a delicious Paleo Lasagne? From now on, you can prepare a tasty, diet-friendly lasagne paste with some Bolognese sauce. And still, watch the calories and ingredients without an extensive search.
If you have ever heard of the Hungarian mini dumplings, nokedli, this is the perfect Paleo Pasta Flour to make those. Try it with a great beef or venison stew in a Paleo Sauce.
You can prepare a gluten free, low carb pasta easily from this Paleo Pasta Flour. Please see below our suggestion for a homemade, low-carb, gluten free and Paleo lasagne.
Low carb, Paleo, Gluten free Lasagne recipe
- Ingredients for the Paleo lasagne pasta:
- 150 g Low Carb Dumpling Flour
- 3 g healthy salt
- 3 free-range M-size eggs (156g)
- 1 free-range M-size egg yolk
- 20 g water
- +3g Low Carb Dumpling Flour for dusting
- Ingredients for the Paleo lasagne sauce and filling:
- 500 g minced meat
- 2 red onions (approximately 180g when cut)
- 80 g Paleo Bolognese Sauce
- 300 g water
- +50g water for the onion
- appr. 30g grated cheese or cheese substitute (can be more if you don't count the calories)
- Mix the water, eggs and salt well and then add the Paleo Pasta Flour. Mix the ingredients, but don’t worry if your dough is still sticky. Don’t add any additional flour to the mix.
- Let the homemade pasta dough rest for 10-15 minutes. The dough will loose its stickiness in the meantime.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and start cooking (braising) it with the water. Add the minced meat and cook them for 15 minutes. Stirring it occasionally (at least twice).
- Prepare the Paleo Bolognese Sauce and add to the meat. Boil them and remove from the heat.
- When you Paleo pasta rested a bit, on a lightly floured surface knead it and roll it as thin as you can. If you have a pasta machine, you can use that as well. Cut the pasta into 10 equal rectangles. Once cut, try to roll them a little bit more until they are paper-thin.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
- Lay the lasagne pasta in a 7.8×7.8 inch pan (20cmx20cm). Add one level of minced meat sauce and cheese. Repeat this process until you run out of ingredients. Try to leave one layer of meat sauce and cheese to the top!
- Bake your homemade lasagne for 50 minutes. If you use a bigger pan or prepare twice this amount, adjust the baking time accordingly.
Nutrition details of Szafi Reform Paleo Low Carb Dumpling in 100 g:
Energy: 311 Kcal / 1305 KJ
Protein: 8.6 g
Carbohydrates: 49.1 g of which sugar is 1.5g, and of which polyols: 0g
Fat: 2.1 g of which saturated fat is 0.7 g
Fibre: 31 g
Salt: 0 g
248 kJ / 62 kcal of the energy content of 100g Paleo flour mix comes from dietary fibres. Does not contain any added sugar, only naturally occurring sugars.
Ingredients: tapioca starch, bamboo fibre flour, sesame flour, psyllium husk flour, coconut flour, sweet potato flour