Oregano is a herbaceous plant that has ultimately aromatic leaves which are often used in food seasonings. Most people associate this Dried Oregano Leaves spice with its characteristic use in Mediterranean cuisine and pizza making. All in all, it has some other traditional uses where it gracefully keeps away pests with its strong scent.
The dried oregano has a stronger flavour and aroma as compared to the fresh oregano leaves. This spice is popular throughout the Mediterranean region, inspired dishes as well as the Mexican salsa dishes. For you to get the best out of this oregano spice, consider adding it up with tomatoes, parsley or garlic. Oregano pesto blend in well with ground nuts. At other times oregano seasoning are used in hearty vegetables, fish, poultry or beef dishes. Always add the oregano at the last minute of your cooking in in order to get the best out of the flavouring.
That aside, oregano is a great digestive aid, is rich in Vitamin K, Calcium, fibre antioxidants as well as anti-parasitic components. With oregano, you are sure that the unexpected growth of bacteria on the skin is fully taken care of. This is an added advantage because besides the mouth-watering flavours of the oregano, it has health benefits to the human body.
Healthy-Hearty Tomato Oregano Soup
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 red onion
- 1 kg fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp Szafi Reform dried oregano leaves spice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pinch of brown sugar
- Saute the olive oil, the unsalted butter, the diced red onion and the garlic over medium heat.
- Add all the other ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer it on low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with freshly grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
Ingredients: 100% dried oregano