Kebab Seasoning Mix
With this Kebab seasoning mix you will instantly find yourself in an oriental environment while cooking. If you want to add a great flavour to your Kebab, the spice rubs are easy and inexpensive ways to give just the desired results. The rubs can be applied whether an hour before consumption or even a day prior to when you want to eat it. All you have to do is thread the beef onto the skewers and barbecue on a charcoal grill or a flat plate.
To make the Kebab spice mix, there are a few ingredients that you need. Oregano, Sweet paprika, cumin, lemon juice, ground black pepper, salt, sugar, beef steak and oil. For perfect threading on to the skewers, you may need some vegetables too. Let’s say whole button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, capsicum slices and zucchini not forgetting skewers to bind it all up. However, with this Kebab seasoning Mix you will have it all, ready for cooking.
You should then proceed and toss the beef cubes in a bowl of spices, salt, oil, sugar and lemon juice which then should be kept in the fridge for 24 hours or less. The chopped vegetables should be alternated with the meat which then should be threaded on the skewer. Per thread you may allow at least 4 pieces at maximum which should be alternated with prepared vegetables.
Preheat the skewers on the barbecue once more. However, if your skewers are made from bamboo, they should be soaked in water early enough to avoid burning out. Cook your skewers until read then enjoy.
Our Favourite Homemade Chicken Kebab Recipe
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 kg chichken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Kebab seasnong mix
- Vegetables (e.g. tomato slices, iceberg lettuce, red onion
- Chili sauce (optional)
- Pita bread
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix the marinade in a large bowl and toss chicken pieces into the marinade.
- Marinte for at least 1-2 hours
- Preheat the over to 220 °C
- Prepare skewers and bake the chicken for approx. 35 minutes until golden brown (If you want instant joy, just stir fry the chicken in a pan and skip the baking part)
- Make tiny pockets from the pita bread at fill them with the chicken and vegetables.
- Those who like it hot can drizzle chili sauce over the chicken
Ingredients: salt, onion, garlic, coriander leaves, coriander, pepper, chili, ginger, caraway, nutmeg
The product was made in a factory processing groundnuts, nuts, celery, mustard seeds and sesame seeds.