Paleo And Gluten – Free Diet Herbs and Spices – Sesame Seed Poultry Spice Mix
Poultry Spice Mix does wonders with your poultry meal. If you feel its high time you need to demystify your little packets and bottles of spice blends in your cabinet this section is for you. Don’t be tied to that boring poultry meal whereas all this can be taken care of with just a few spice blends. Make something out of your poultry rather than those lemon-pepper seasoning.
For Poultry Spice Mix, the sesame seed spice is just the best spice mix. It contains Spanish paprika, dried oregano, ground cumin, ground pepper and sesame seeds. All these spices should be combined and then left to combine for some time. When ready, apply the spice mix on your chicken then heat at medium heat until ready.
With addition of sesame seeds to your diet, you will have that agreeable nutty flavour as part of your meal. As much as sesame seed may not have nutritional value to the body, it’s a gluten free spice. To apply your spice, you could also opt to sprinkle it over your food as the perfect seasoning for your poultry seasoning.
Crispy, sesame roast chicken
- 1 whole chicken (approx. 1.5 kg)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Sesame seed poultry spice mix (to taste)
- 0.5 kg potato
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce and the spice mix to create a nice rub for the chicken.
- Coat the chicken with the rub and marinate for at least half an hour.
- Put the chiken in an baking-resistant skillet, breast down. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes until golden brown (add potatoes later, after 1 hour)
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Ingredients: white and black sesame seeds, salt, garlic, vegetables (carrots, celery), parsnips, parsley, leek, onion, white pepper, chive, pritamin, tomato
The product was made in a factory processing groundnuts, nuts, celery, mustard seeds and sesame seeds.