A gluten free doughnut mix which is 100% vegan and yeast free. A new way to healthy doughnuts.
Choose this gluten free doughnut mix from millet and sorghum flour if you want to eat delicious and healthy doughnuts. This gluten free flour mix is also 100% vegan, free from any animal products. Moreover, the doughnut mix is dairy free, egg free, soy free and yeast free. Thus, you can prepare your healthy doughnut without proofing.
Thanks to the combination of millet and sorghum flour, this gluten free doughnut mix is high in fibre. That will help you release sugar slowly into your blood stream. Furthermore, you can make American donuts in an eye-blink, it is that quick!
Our best, gluten free doughnut recipe: a healthy American Donut recipe.
Ingredients (for 7 doughnuts):
160ml hot water (not boiling water, but not lukewarm)
5ml apple cider vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
12g erythritol or other sweeteners
0.5g healthy salt
a pinch of grounded vanilla
150g gluten free doughnut mix
virgin coconut oil for frying
How to prepare the gluten free doughnut:
- Start with heating the coconut oil.
- Measure the hot water into a bowl and start adding the ingredients into it in order.
- Lastly, combine the gluten free doughnut mix into the liquid mixture and knead it well.
- Rest it for 5 minutes.
- Then on a floured surface, roll the dough until it is 1cm high (your healthy doughnuts will grow in the oil, don’t worry)
- With a doughnut cutter, cut the dough into shapes.
- Put the doughnuts into the hot oil and fry them until they are golden brown. It takes about 2-2.5 minutes on each side to reach the right consistency and colour.
Nutrition details of Szafi Free American Donut Mix in 100g:
Protein: 8.3 g
Carbohydrates: 65.4 g of which natural sugar is 0.6 g
Fat: 0 g of which saturated fat is 0.3 g
Fibre: 14.8 g
Salt: 0 g
Ingredients: Gluten-free flour (millet flour, sorghum), tapioca starch, vegetable fibres (psyllium seed husk flour, bamboo meal), volume enhancer (sodium bicarbonate), acidity regulator (citric acid)