A vegan, gluten free dumpling mix from buckwheat, tapioca, millet, sorghum and psyllium seed husk flour.
This gluten free dumpling mix is not just vegan and 100% free from animal products and byproducts, but free from everything else. For a start, it is dairy free, egg free, soy free, corn free, potato free and rice free. Furthermore, there is no added sugar, and it is low in fat.
This gluten free flour mix is designed for traditional Hungarian dumplings, ‘nokedli’. ‘Nokedli’ stands for mini stew dumplings. But don’t be mistaken, it still has a wide use. You can prepare your favourite dumplings from this flour mix without a problem. Alternatively, you can try to use this flour mix in gluten free bread recipes or for homemade pasta, because it works fine with them too.
Try our traditional Hungarian dumpling recipe in a gluten free version:
Ingredients (for 240g ‘nokedli’):
75g Dumpling Mix from Buckwheat Flour
2g healthy salt (you can increase this amount depending on your taste)
90ml lukewarm water
How to prepare mini stew dumplings:
- Mix the salt and water and then slowly add the dumpling mix into the water. Use a spoon to combine them well.
- Let the dough rest for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, you can put a large pot of water and boil it.
- Once the water is boiling, decrease the heat and you can start cutting the dumpling mix into the water.
- When you run out of dumpling mix, turn the heat on again and let it boil again. It takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Then decrease the heat once again and cook the dumpling in bubbling water for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, sieve the dumplings and rinse them in cold water. Enjoy!
If you would like to prepare homemade pasta from the flour, we advise you to use the following combination.
Gluten free homemade pasta:
140g Dumpling Mix from Buckwheat Flour
2g healthy salt
Nutrition details of Szaffi Free Gluten Free Dumpling Mix (Nokedli Mix) in 100g:
Energy: 1450 kJ (343 kcal)
Protein: 10.9 g
Carbohydrates: 66 g of which natural sugar is 2.4 g
Fat: 1.5 g of which saturated fat is 0.8 g
Fibre: 11 g
Salt: 1.8 g
Ingredients: Buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, Millet flour, Sorghum flour, psyllium seed husk flour