Have you managed to find a dough and pastry flour which you can use during your Paleo or gluten free diet? And which you can use as a pastry flour mix that is easy to roll?
Good news! You have found it now! We know how difficult this journey was, but finally, the Paleo dough and pastry flour is here to help you out anytime. This Gluten Free Baking Flour has various use to form a nice dough from Paleo pie to gluten free cinnamon rolls.
The doughy and cake flour has a slightly sweet taste thanks to the natural sweetener, Erythritol. This sweetness makes it the perfect gluten free baking flour for any sweet pastry and bun. If you would like to make sponges, we advise you to use our other sweet Paleo baking flour. This one is better for pastries which would normally have yeast inside.
Let us share with you one of our best Paleo and gluten free nut and cinnamon roll recipe.
Ingredients (for 8 healthy cinnamon rolls):
For the filling:
- 30g grounded walnuts (if you want to stay nut-free, you can use different filling)
- 10g grounded cinnamon
- 45g coconut cream
- natural sweetener or sugar to your taste (for example, 5g 4x sweeter sugar substitute)
how to prepare this easy, gluten free cinnamon roll:
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and start mixing them with a spoon. Then knead the dough for few seconds.
- Let the gluten free dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the stiffened dough between two pieces of baking parchment and roll it. If you have a silicone rolling pin, you can leave the baking parchment out of the process. They are only needed to avoid sticky dough. However, if you still see your pastry is too sticky, put a little Dough and Pastry Flour onto your work surface. (But not too much)
- Finally, put the cream on top and spread it evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
- Roll the pastry from the shorter end and cut it into 8 equal pieces.
- Bake the healthy cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool on a cooling rack.
As with any high-fibre food, these gluten free, healthy cinnamon rolls have to cool down before eating them. It is because the fibre inside is still working to form the end structure until it is not entirely cool.
Nutrition details of Szafi Reform Paleo Pastry Mix in 100 g:
Energy: 219 Kcal / 912 KJ
Protein: 6.6 g
Carbohydrates: 54.7 g of which sugar is 6.4g, and of which polyols: 26.2g
Fat: 2.8 g of which saturated fat is 2.6 g
Fibre: 26.5 g
Salt: 0.04 g
212 kJ / 53 kcal of the energy content of 100g Paleo flour mix comes from dietary fibres. 26.2 grams of 100g of flour mix carbohydrate content comes from erythritol. This polyol has zero calories and an absorbable carbohydrate. See a summary infographics of Erythritol on our other page.
Ingredients: coconut flour, tapioca starch, sweetener (erythritol), psyllium husk flour, bamboo fibre flour, volume enhancer (sodium bicarbonate), acidity regulating agent (citric acid), thickening agent (cognac gum)
Another delicious recipe how to use this Dough and Pastry Flour: