- Make delicious and beautiful sponge cakes without dairy products and egg with this vegan Victoria sponge cake flour mix from buckwheat flour.
Are you dreaming about a gluten free Victoria sponge? Oh yeah, we know the feeling. With the help of this vegan Victoria sponge cake flour mix, you found the missing piece from your healthy diet. A gluten free buckwheat cake flour mix gives you the right amount of fibre without any gluten even in a vegan diet.
Furthermore, this cake flour mix is free from everything. Have you ever seen any other vegan Victorian sponge cake mix which is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, wheat flour free, corn free, soy free and rice free at the same time? In addition, this flour mix has no added sugar or oil.
From this gluten free sponge cake flour mix, you will get a sponge with slightly more density. But this enables us to create the best ever gluten free Victoria sponge cake.
Vegan gluten free Victoria sponge cake recipe:
For the sponge base:
250g Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake Flour
14g Low Carb Erythritol and Stevia Sweetener
30g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a cake pan with virgin coconut oil.
- Add the water and lemon juice to a bowl and slowly mix the sweetener in.
- Lastly, add the Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake mix to the liquid base and with a hand mixer, mix them well.
- Bake it at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the top of the sponge is firm.
Don’t expect this sponge to rise much because there is no egg or baking powder, but it will be enough to cut it half.
For the filling – as described by Jamie Oliver:
- First, beat the margarine and the low carb icing sugar well, until fluffy.
- Once the sponge cooled, spread the butter mixture on top of bottom half. Spread the half-cut strawberries on top of the butter icing.
- Turn the other half of the sponge upside down and spread it with the strawberry jam.
- Top the buttered, strawberry-filled sponge half with the other and sprinkle it with some icing sugar. Enjoy!
Nutrition details of Szaffi Free Buckwheat Cake Flour Mix in 100g:
Energy: 1449 kJ (342 kcal)
Protein: 8.5 g
Carbohydrates: 71.4 g of which natural sugar is 1.6 g
Fat: 1.1 g of which saturated fat is 0.5 g
Fibre: 6.3 g
Salt: 0.2 g
ingredients: Gluten-free flours (buckwheat flour, millet flour, sorghum), tapioca starch, fibre (psyllium husk flour) volume enhancer (sodium bicarbonate), acidity regulating agent (citric acid), salt