Gluten Free Diet Gluten Free Flour Mix Buckwheat Flour
What would you like more than a homemade, fresh bread? We know. A crispy bread from healthy buckwheat flour!
This buckwheat flour mix would make your homemade bread crusty, the dough fluffy and every slice heavenly. This flour mix is free from everything: gluten free, dairy free, egg free, wheat free, yeast free, soy free, corn free, potato free, rice free, baking powder free and even low in fat. There is nothing more left to add.
Actually, one more. The bread made from this amazing gluten free flour mix will be fresh and tasty even after a day or two. Oh yes! And, it is vegan – we can guarantee this buckwheat flour mix is free from animal products.
Don’t be confused; buckwheat has nothing to do with wheat. Buckwheat is a grain-like seed (hence the name), and it is closer to rhubarb in the family tree than to grass-like plants. Moreover, the health benefits of buckwheat are countless. This Asian seed is high in protein and fibre, nutrients and antioxidants. It has all the antioxidants which we call superfoods nowadays: rutin, tannins and catechin. As a matter of fact, it has vitamins, minerals and amino acids as well, which combination is not present in any grain.
Buckwheat and its milled version support your overall health, especially your heart.
This incredible flour mix is from natural buckwheat and millet. Furthermore, you can use this gluten free flour mix for anything in the kitchen: for your favourite pancake recipe, bread recipe, pasta recipe or even for noodles.
Let us share with you a perfect, crusty buckwheat bread recipe:
Ingredients (for a 500g bread):
270 g gluten free buckwheat flour mix
3 g Himalayan salt
40 ml fresh lemon juice
300 ml lukewarm water
seasoning (it can be garlic powder, onion powder, bread seasoning, seeds, etc)
- Mix the lemon juice, water and seasoning well and then add the buckwheat flour mix slowly.
- Knead the dough for at least 2 minutes and then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then again knead it and shape a ball from the dough on a floured surface. You can leave the ball a little bit floured to reach a rustic look.
- Grease the top with virgin coconut oil and then let it rest for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, you can turn on your oven to 180 degrees.
- After resting, bake it in a hot oven (180 degrees) for 50 minutes and then 20 minutes on 200 degrees.
- Once ready, let it cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Once you tasted this buckwheat bread recipe, you won’t be able to let it go.
And if you are still not convinced, let’s discuss the health benefits.
Some health benefits of buckwheat:
• It can help you prevent diabetes
• Solve digestive disorders as buckwheat flour contains digestible proteins
• Lower cholesterol which can lead to healthier blood pressure
• Helps you fight against diseases thanks to the antioxidants
• Has low GI index which helps you prevent diabetes
We believe an infographic from DrAxe sums up everything about buckwheat nicely:
Nutrition details of Szafi Free Buckwheat Flour Mix in 100g:
Energy: 1368 kJ (324 kcal)
Protein: 9.1 g
Carbohydrates: 60.6 g of which sugar is 1.8 g
Fat: 1.2 g of which saturated fat is 0.6 g
Fibre: 17.2 g
Salt: 0 g
Ingredients: Gluten-free flours (buckwheat flour, millet flour), tapioca starch, fibres (wheat flour, bamboo flour), volume enhancing agent (sodium bicarbonate), acidity regulating agent (citric acid)