Finally, a Paleo bread flour which doesn’t require any proving and extensive kneading. This yeast free bread flour is a flour mix of tapioca starch which makes it a perfect gluten free flour mix for any bread, pizza or pastry.
If you have ever smelt a freshly baked bread, there is no way back even when you are on a diet. This yeast free bread flour substitute is ideal for having that experience all over again during your new life. If you follow Paleo diet, the ingredients make this baking flour suitable for your daily needs without breaking restrictions.
You have to approach this diet flour mix the same way how you handle other paleo baking flours. Measure the ingredients carefully and as to the recipe and once your dough is ready, let it reast for 10 minutes to get a dough which is easy to handle. Don’t be afraid if you get an extremely soft dough first, just let it rest for 10 minutes without modifying the recipe. After 10 minutes, the texture of the dough will change, and you have an easy-to-handle bread or roll dough.
Besides being yeast free, this gluten free flour mix does not contain any additives which could make your stomach upset. Moreover, it is reduced in carbohydrate, so you can use it even if you are on a low-carb diet.
As we mentioned before, you can use this flour mix to prepare homemade bread, pizza, rolls or even croissants. In our blog, we are planning to share all the recipes with you. But for now, please try our favourite Paleo bread recipe.
Paleo bread recipe (low carb and gluten free):
Ingredients (for a 435-gram bread):
- 200g Gluten Free Paleo Baking Flour – With Tapioca Starch
- 4g healthy Himalayan salt
- 35g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20g melted coconut oil (you can melt it even in the microwave)
- 4 free-range M eggs
- 75g lukewarm water
- if you want, you can add your favourite herbs
- +5g Gluten Free Paleo Baking Flour – With Tapioca Starch
How to prepare this easy Paleo bread:
- First, add to the mixing bowl the liquid ingredients: lemon juice, coconut oil, eggs, water and the salt. Mix it well with your hand mixer.
- Then add the Yeast Free Flour Mix to mixing bowl and let the machine work on it for 1.5-2 minutes. (of course, you can do it with hand as well)
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the bread from the gluten free dough. Grease the top of the bread with coconut oil slightly.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes at 200 Celsius degrees and then for an additional 30 minutes 180 Celsius degrees without a fan.
- Let it completely cool before cutting the bread.
If you plan to prepare rolls or buns from this recipe, you will need to bake them for approximately 40 minutes at 200 Celsius degrees.
Nutrition details of Szafi Reform Low Carb Paleo Bread and Pastry Mix in 100 g:
Energy: 306 Kcal / 1281 KJ
Protein: 8.4 g
Carbohydrates: 48.2 g of which sugar is 1.4g
Fat: 2g of which saturated fat is 0.7 g
Fibre: 30.4 g
Salt: 0.02 g
243 kJ / 61 kcal of the energy content of 100g flour mix comes from dietary fibres. Contains no added sugar, only naturally occurring sugar.
Ingredients: tapioca starch, bamboo flour, sesame flour, psyllium husk flour, coconut flour, sweet potato flour, volume enhancer (sodium bicarbonate), acidity regulator (citric acid)